Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Maps and Birds


I guess that goes together right? Since we are really getting more and more birds he is really taking an interest in how they got here, where they were, where they go... I got out my old trusty guide that I got for Christmas 16 years ago from my grandparents, those who turned me on to birds. I showed him where we are on the map and how different colors on that map would mean when the birds would come here or if they would never make it to our neck of the woods. I would have him find a bird he liked and ask him to show we if it would come here or not. E LOVED this game. Not only did we talk about if they would be here, but if they would find Mimi and Big Dogs house. Colors, georgrapghy, bird species, I think it was a good lesson and a great day!

No comments:

Swag Bucks Widget