Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great website

I found this amazing website that a friend posted about Charlotte Mason that I adore! I wish I could just go out and get all books for year one. What I love so much about her ideas is that they are so old fashioned, that she loves linking past to present, the strong nature influence, the challenge of it. The whole thing is just so amazing. The fact that she doesn't advice in real schooling to start until six reminds me of how I feel deep down and quiets the little competitive voice in me that is not good to listen to. You know which one. Even though I am very happy with where we are, I feel that slight pinch every so often when I hear kids his age reading or counting or something ' age appropriate'. But then again how many of those kids know all the Apollo astronauts, rockets, or even some rocket science. Or about all the song birds and where they fly and there songs? Or about the water cycle and tornados and weather? It is all relative. I can't believe my baby is going to be five in a few monthes and that he no longer my baby, or my toddler, or even pre schooler, he is a grade school age soon. My sweet little Pootie...

No comments:

Swag Bucks Widget