Friday, October 17, 2008

I Have Been BAD!


Wanted to write everyday but it has been a whirlwind week! Wendsday was library day and it was about Pizza, but all E could think of and say was 'where are the firemen?" " where is the fire truck"... I think you get the picture. I think it is going to take a few weeks to undo the hype of the fireman!
Thurday we had therapy and he did great, but that was not the highlight of the day, it was the airshow practice that started that day. We heard them flying in the first round of planes that morning but unfortuntly it was raining so we could only hear them, not see them and that was unacceptable! We left about 45 minutes early for therapy so we could go sit at our spot on the flight line, he LOVED it, then after therpay we got to meet with our BFF's at the gym to play which was awesome, well until we heard the roar of more practice, that was all it took! All four of us were out there in a shot, I don't know who was more excited, the boys or there moms! I wish I had the camera, the moments with J and him were so sweet! Carolyn and I have done every airshow together with them and it is always so special. This year is the first year that the boys actually get it and are able to converse about it and it is so beautiful to see friendships blossom and grow in such young souls. As if the arial display wasn't enough, when I took e to the bathroom over at the 48th I had no clue that it was being used for Blue Angel Headquaters. I don't know who was more in star struck tizzy, me or him. He went CRAZY! it was awesome!

Needless to say he went to bed early with visons of fighter jet dancing in his head!

THis morning was very busy, we had his speech eval at 8 and then normal therapy at 9, and then the base opened there doors for mor airshow fun. I thought that today would be a good trial run since it wouldn't be busy at all. He was great! He got to marshall in the F16's LOVED that, got to get on a tank, see the Golden Knights, he thought that was VERY cool. WE learned alot about wind today. Before the troopers jump they drop a streamer to gauge wind things and we got to talk about that and then how the shutes worked, it was very cool!

No comments:

Swag Bucks Widget